This was a recipe I shared last year but it was so cute that I had to share it again this year!!!
I have some great posts lined up for this week too!!!!
INGREDIENTS for cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or disks
- lollipop sticks
- INGREDIENTS FOR ROYAL ICING:
- 3 egg whites
- 3 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon pink gel food coloring (you can purchase this at hobby lobby or your local craft store)
- DIRECTIONS FOR ICING:
- 1. place egg whites in a bowl and whip on high until fluffy, slowly add the confectioner's sugar and keep beating. Now add the lemon extract and the food coloring and beat until slightly stiff. Set aside.
DIRECTIONS for cookie dough:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together in another large bowl. Add egg, vanilla, milk and beat until incorporated. Gradually add the dry mixture, beating until combined. Knead dough for a few minuets to combine thoroughly. Wrap with saran wrap and place
in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minuets.
To Make Cookies:
1. break the dough ball in half and roll out on a clean surface covered with powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
2. ll dough out until about 1/8 of an inch thick.
3. use heart cookie cutter to cut cookies.
4. Now use small heart cookie cutter to create the heart hole.
5. use a spatula to lift cookie off of counter and onto a sill pat or cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
6. bake cookies for 10-15 minuets at 375 degrees. Cookies should just start to get golden brown around the edges.
7. Repeat with the other half of your dough. You may do it all at once if you have room in your oven and enough cookie sheets to fit the entire batch. I had to do it in 2 rounds.
9. While the cookies are baking take 1/2 cup of white chocolate and melt it in the microwave. Set it aside with lollipop sticks ready.
10. MOST IMPORTANT STEP FOR SUCCESSFUL LOLLIPOP. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven very carefully transfer them to a wire wrack with spatula while piping hot. Now dip a lollipop stick in the white chocolate and press into the lower portion of the heart. You MUST do this when the cookie is still hot and soft. Do it as soon as they come out of the oven. Once you have them finished place them in the freezer right away for the chocolate to set around your stick.
11. Make your royal icing while the cookies are setting in the freezer.
12. Now ice your cookies, top with sprinkles and add a bow. You may place them in the refrigerator to set. The royal icing will harden after a couple hours and be easy to transport with no mess.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LOVES!!!